More than 100 robots in one!
SNAPBOT is a modular LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3 robot that can be assembled in more than 100 different ways. Converting the robot from one version to another is quick as a snap, hence its name.
- You can decide SNAPBOT to move on wheels, on treads, or on legs.
- You can attach two different tools to the robot, a grabber tool, and a sweeper tool.
- You can use all kind of sensor combinations on SNAPBOT, to enhance its capabilities.
I designed this LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3 project using the parts from a single LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3 Education core set 45544. This rich EV3 project is ideal for classroom activities, because it packs many different robots into one! Click the button below to get the building and programming instructions.
Name that bot!
How to refer to a particular version of this LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3 robot? I invented a game to make the name of each version of SNAPBOT sound like a Japanese word. Look at the poster on the right, and combine each phoneme to get the complete name. Some examples:
- TAKITO is a basic mobile robot
- ROBOTO-1/4 walks and grabs objects
- TSUNAMI-4 sweeps a table without falling down